How to choose a niche for affiliate marketing
[thrive_testimonial name=”” company=”” image=””]Before I continue with Niche Market Research, I assume that you have no knowledge of the subject or you are looking to learn more. So, to best serve you more, I have written down everything you need to know about Niche Market to help you achieve your desired goal.[/thrive_testimonial]
Niche market research is a cornerstone of every business, get it all wrong from the beginning, you are guaranteed to drive your business to the ground.
Many bloggers are guilty of this, they fail to make money online and they actually do have one thing in common. Lack of niche market research. Data is a goldmine for anyone thinking to make a website that will make money online.
But before we jump into this ultimate guide in niche market research, let’s lay the foundation by breaking down the lingo and probably burst the myths surrounding niche marketing.
Niche Markets are no fancy words to impress readers, a Niche Market is a small area of trade within the economy, often involving specialized products:
A good example would be Lamborghini car makers who are just like any other typical car manufacturers, however, their niche marketing within the car manufacturing is to make luxury cars for a small but significant few select group of people who love speed, luxurious, glamour, and exclusive Cars.
Their niche market is more or less a membership club of decker millionaires.
Consider Niche Marketing as a lifestyle based marketing strategy tailor-made to targeting an audience that is into the same stuff they passionately love.
Whether it’s Ferarri, Lamborghini or Toyota, a thoroughly done Niche Market research was key denoting or relating to their products, services, or interests that appeal to a small, specialized section of the population.
[thrive_testimonial name=”Charles” company=”GradecMedia” image=”https://gradecmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/1507394317427.jpg”]When you take time to look into any marketing opportunities available, you will realize that they are made of huge chunks of buyers or service users with broad needs when they are making buying decisions. Take dating, for example, teens, under 25’s, or the over 45’s are all flocking to online dating websites to find love.[/thrive_testimonial]
Despite all wanting the same thing… Would you really say that their agenda for going online dating is the same when you go by age?
That said, if I was going into writing a blog post about dating, my starting point would be to pick which audience by age best fits my writing voice and offer contained in the end.
This can be achieved by breaking down further a few more things like emotional drive, ulterior motive, and timescale investment.
You can easily do this by utilizing free tools like facebook insight tools. If you do not know how to use Facebook insight tool we have a step by step guide which you can download.
[fancy_box id=1 linked_cu=887 align=”center”]Someone looking to get laid is emotionally less reactive to time investment than someone who is looking for a life partner.. does that make sense?[/fancy_box]
If you are starting a blog, and your goal is to make money running a blog as a business then choosing a profitable niche market to base your blog on is absolutely critical.
And there is an art to choosing a profitable niche market without selling your soul, especially one that you are passionate about.
It all boils down to the niche profitability. But before we jump into anything let’s first dive more into what niche markets are all about.
What is A Niche Market?
Niche Marketing Definition
A niche market is a segment of the market on which a specific product is focusing. Any market can be further divided into smaller bite-sized market segments with specific interests and demographics.
An example of niche marketing definition is the love market which is probably one of the huge markets available.
Within the love market, you can find niche markets focused on soulmate search, ethical polyamory, green dating, sacred sexuality, and more.
These can also be drilled down into sub-niches, such as â€œover 40 soulmate searchâ€ or â€œsacred sexuality for gay couplesâ€. Some sub-niches can be highly profitable, so itâ€™s worth doing some analysis to determine if the one you are passionate about has profit potential.
How Does Niche Market Research Work
Niche marketing involves the art of defining your particular niche and marketing your product or services to this niche.
Many new bloggers or small-scale business owners view the idea of niche marketing as a strategy that will cut their profit margin or limit their sales, but the truth is, having a well-defined niche can give your business more power, especially if the niche has enough demand and money in it.
Niche marketing gives you an unprecedented authority in a chosen segmented market, making you the go-to expert instantly.
The better you can define your market, the higher the likelihood you can hone your marketing message to resonate with this market, turn this audience into fans, who will buy and rave about your product.
Niche Market Strategy
What is Niche Marketing Strategy?
A niche marketing strategy identifies a pinpointed segment of the general market, after which it narrows down a clear marketing plan. This marketing plan targets the habits and preferences of the target market through segmentation.
If you are an aspiring marketer, you need to equip and master yourself with this strategy as this will be your backbone.
Identifying Your Audience
If you are starting a blog as an early stage entrepreneur with the aim of growing your blog into a viable business in a market you are passionate about, rather than focusing on what product you want to sell, start first with understanding your audience. There are good reasons why you should concentrate on a niche audience first, instead of products.
Products do come and go, while an audience with needs will always be there. As a business, you will evolve with your audience needs than a business built on top of products themselves.
Here are 4 simple straightforward steps:
1. Brainstorming an audience.
You can do this in few ways like I pointed out to you earlier, Facebook is your best friend. Small businesses today have pretty much equal chances to fortune 500 companies as social media platform like Facebook offer free research tools for FREE.
The sort of usable data ready for business use available to individuals now would cost tens of thousands to collect and break it down into usable segments.
So head over to your Facebook insight tool and choose an audience that you represent yourself (for example, male university student between 18 â€“ 25 years old, or middle-aged professional female)
Because passion is thrown into the scene every now and then, choosing an audience that you gravitate toward or let me just say people you like hanging around with would be a great place to start from.
As a small scale business blogger, I know where my fans are, you too should be able to figure this out with few clicks.
Work backwards, and choose an audience by first picking a niche topic that interests you. This could involve picking a niche like â€œhog hunting with dogsâ€, then doing research on sites like Quantcast (https://www.quantcast.com/) to figure out the dominant groups of people that are looking for hog hunting tours, hunting gear and much more.
2. Identify the problems your niche audience has.
This involves doing research on the problems, challenges, pain points, aspirations, and desires that your niche audience has.
There are many places online that you can find this information, including niche forums, how-to websites, popular blogs, and â€œtrendâ€ websites.
3. Pick out the most profitable problems.
Not all problems are created equal. Some problems your audience will gladly pay to solve; others will be a hard sell. You need to understand the difference, and you can do so using â€œfiltersâ€ such as:
The number of monthly searches related to a problem
The number of searches that imply intent to solve that problem
The stability of search terms related to that problem
The amount of good-quality, free information on the Web
4. Understand profitable problems deeply.
Itâ€™s not enough to simply know that, for example, males between 18 and 25 are looking for hog hunting gear or tours. You need to find out what exactly they want in a hunting tour package, and the problems they have with current hunting offers.
Thereâ€™s more to it than simply finding your niche, however. You also need to understand the language they use in describing their ideal solution, so you can echo that language back to them in your ad copy, sales page copy, etc.
Niche Market Research Tools
Niche Market research tools are those things which help you or makes segmenting your market easy. If for example, you want to know how many people search for “niche market research tool”. These tools will help to narrow down to the keyword with Competition, Volume, CPC.
List of Niche Market Research Sites
With Wordtracker, it shows you all that people are searching for both keywords and phrases. It will show you from the past 90 days of phrases and keywords from over 300 million keywords which people have used.
With Wordtracker, you get 7 days of a free trial then you have the option of paying monthly.
This is how Wordtracker pricing plan looks like:
Wordtracker distinguished itself from google keyword search by offering services like Actual (not grouped) keywords, Actual (not banded) results, Search trends, SEO competition metrics, SERP comparison, Live chat customer service, Related/lateral search, Amazon keywords, Youtube keywords, and Negative keyword search.
Google Adwords Keyword Tool
Google Adwords Keyword Tools shows report on search performance ranging from seasonal trends and keyword phrases and it is free.
You will also have options For:
Targeting by – Locations
Keyword options – Show broadly related ideas
Hide keywords in my account
Hide keywords in my plan
Keywords to include.
Juniper provides research guide and helps for technology vendors and service providers with a market opportunity based research, analysis, and advice.
There is 2 subscription:
Either subscribe by industry or subscribe by a content stream.
You can join their free research or become a client.
Comscore gathers an in-depth insight into the attitude and behaviours of consumers by compiling reports of over 2 million consumers on a global cross-section. These consumers have to give Comscore complete permission to monitor and capture their online and offline purchasing, transaction and browsing behaviours.
This more of a targeted niche market research because it shows the actual number of customers who buy a certain product and at what time and place.
Their targeted industries are as follows:
The Google trends allow you to view trending topics, questions people are asking with search volume patterns across regions, categories, time frames, and properties.
Most importantly, its live trending stories was really a helpful resource when I started blogging, and time to time a still go in to see latest stories.
Buzzsumo is a world leading content marketing company, it is another niche market research tool I always recommend to bloggers, it allows you analyze contents which are performing well by keywords or competitors. This means you can either search by topics or enter the domain of any competitor to see what keywords they ranked for.
This is like spying on other niche sites to see how you can outrank them. Buzzsumo also shows you the most shared content for the keyword you are researching, not only that it reveals a load more secrets like backlinks built into that page which is huge information to work with.
You will get social share counts for any web page you are viewing without having to open BuzzSumo. This includes social media shares, this enables you to know where your competitor has a huge present and following and also you can view most shared content on the current website
You can use Buzzsumo free content search, but this has limited information. There is also the Buzzsumo pro which delivers a much more needed insight into any keywords and domain info.
The pro account comes with 14 days free trial. You can also include itÂ to google add-on.
Keyword Everywhere uses an extension which you have to install either for Chrome or Firefox. With keyword everywhere, you will save the time of switching to Google planner or any other keyword planner website.
Once you have installed it, enter your email and receive the API which you need to save in the add-on update setting. Once this is done you will begin to see keyword volume data, CPC and competition data.
All these data can be seen in real time. Keyword everywhere gives you access to keyword metrics of all keywords, and you can also download the keyword list in Excel, CSV or PDF file format.
Some of the websites supported by keyword everywhere are:
Types of Niche Market Research Strategy
Mass Marketing Strategy
What IsÂ Mass Marketing?
Mass marketing targets the general market with a particular product regardless of age, sex, location and beliefs. It uses one strategy for the whole market which is usually an old form of marketing. But today, there is a need for a niche market strategy as more and more products or brand are sold based on the targeted market.
This marketing strategy is often used by new companies to alert or make the market aware of their presence, but this will soon change into a segmented marketing once the goal has been achieved.
[thrive_link color=’green’ link=’https://gradecmedia.com/mass-marketing-strategy-what-is-mass-marketing/’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]Read More[/thrive_link]
Product marketing strategy
The Product marketing strategy is an extraction of the 4 Ps in within marketing mix. The marketing mix a combination of different controllable and tactical marketing tools used by companies to create a unique response and relationship with the (target) market. The main 4 groups or Ps of the marketing mix are:
Place (or distribution)
What is Product Marketing Strategy
The product marketing has to do with the creation, promotion and selling a product/service to end user. It is the beginning and end of a product cycle, the governing body that can guarantee a successful or failed launch.
For a Successful Product Marketing
- The product marketers need to know how to position the product and its features to the market.
- The sales and marketing teams need to have good knowledge and right materials which will help to attract customers.
- Maximum satisfaction should be derived from the product by the target market.
- The product should be in a continuous demand and continuous increase in standards and quality.
- Know your audience, who they are and what they care about.
- Identify your market, this will help build a strong product-market fit so to take in full control of the credibility, authority and expertise.
- Identify the product story, this will connect the product easily to people who need it, but make it concise, compelling and narrative.
- Ensure product delivers value not just features.
[thrive_link color=’green’ link=’https://gradecmedia.com/product-marketing-strategy-what-is-product-marketing/’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]Read More[/thrive_link]
Content Marketing Strategy
Content Marketing Strategy Checklist
Content promotion definition:
The content marketing can be described as core marketing strategy which is focused on creating and distributing valuable contents, this valuable content must be relevant and consistent which in turn attracts audiences, and also retains that clearly defined audience.
With these clearly defined audiences, there is also a high chance of driving actionable and profitable customers.
What is Content Strategy?
When content strategy is mentioned, it is been referred to the all the planning work involved, the development of the content and the management process of the content.
The content strategy helps businesses manage all their content.
What is Content Plan?
A content plan is an outline of all important basics, requirements for your content.
The content plan tells you how to execute, whom will be in charge, what topic areas to cover, what content to create, when to create such content(time frame), how to share the content, and what call to actions should be used.
How to get content ideas
Here are some content ideas for blogs
- Trying walking out when you are loss of ideas
- Speaking to family and friends and hear their responses and questions
- Listen to songs, they are a good source of inspiration
- Remember some popular saying and try to figure out what there meaning is
- Watch animals do their thing and try to figure out why they are doing it
- Trying creating fake stories or background of people you see for active brains
- Use fictions to make contents more interesting or true life inspiring stories
- Meditation can also provide you with few content ideas
- Playing games or engage in sports can help with some inspirations for good content ideas
- Engage in email sign-ups and newsletters and offer ebooks or guides
- Read related contents
- Use visitors or customer reviews to boost your content idea strategy
- If you are an individual, walk around your home or office and concentrate on every detail, if you are a company,
- do the same
- Use industry support forums for questions
- General forums like Quora, Yahoo etc, to find titles
- Search for your chosen keyword forums for content ideas
- Use online groups like facebook, linkedIn, Google plus
- Search for related niche to see their titles and topics
- Use comment sections to answer questions readers are asking
- Spy on people who follow you on social media and those you follow to know what they are engaging with on how to get content ideas
- Follow industry influencer on social media and answer questions their followers are asking
- Use SlideShare to create content on popular topics
- Use youtube and search for related content ideas
- Read comments from competitors on Instagram for inspiration if possible answer those question with references
- Interview people to hear their stories or experiences to find some content ideas
- Read your website comments to see your readers questions and suggestions and add them or create new content
- Read your competitors FAQ sections and answer questions from there or use it for content ideas on your site
- Attend conferences and ask question relating to your content
- Make use of salespeople who get loads of questions from customers and use them
- Use webmaster tools for keyword search queries
- Use Google search box suggestions to find topics and related content ideas
- Uses Google related searches topic and content ideas
- Read popular industry related e-newsletters and subscribe for content ideas
- Use popular contents types publication from other industries for ideas
- Use content topic generator like Hubspot.com, Portent.com
- Use local news broadcasts, local business networking events, local newspapers
- Search your content topic on Amazon for books related to your content
- Use Reddit to see what others are sharing in your industry
- Use Google news, trade magazines, buffer and Flipboard to generate content ideas, see what the shares are and figure how to write better content
How to do Content Marketing
- Create a blog category on your website, this involves tweaking your website design a little bit except if the design is no complicated.
- Do a keyword research using Ahrefs, Google AdWords, Buzzsumo, keyword everywhere.
- Write and post content once a week to the blog.
- Do the writing yourself, this is not expensive but only needs your time.
- Assign a team of writers to do the writing, this will cost you more, even if you don’t pay them as writers, but you still have to pay them as employees.
- Hire a freelancer who can write good articles, this will also cost you few quid, but remember, the more you pay the more quality content you will get.
- Make use of content provider, content providers like textbroker.com and odesk.com, these services cost money but you will surely get what you are looking for.
- Hire content marketing firm, they are usually more expensive but comes with quality outsourced content with good SEO.
- Curate contents, this is using contents created by others, but making use better with more information.
[thrive_link color=’green’ link=’https://gradecmedia.com/content-marketing-strategy-what-is-content-marketing/’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]Read More[/thrive_link]
Relationship marketing strategyÂ
What is Relationship Marketing Strategy
Relationship marketing definition: A relationship marketing strategy is a strategy which is created to encourage customer loyalty, communication and future engagements. The strategy also aims to develop a bond between the customer and the business by directly providing information which targets their needs and interest through promotions.
The Goal of Relationship Marketing
The goal of marketing relationship is to get the customers interest, retain the customers as long as possible and to also grow or increase customers engagements through targeted promotions.
Importance of Relationship Marketing Strategy
Relationship marketing is a very important factor to consider if you want to create an effective customer relationship management(CRM). This is because relationship marketing aims to cultivate a long-term customer engagement and foster customer loyalty instead of only focusing on single sales.
[thrive_link color=’green’ link=’https://gradecmedia.com/relationship-marketing-strategy-and-implementation/’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]Read More[/thrive_link]
Mobile marketing strategy
What to Know About Mobile Marketing Strategy
Mobile marketing is basically the liquid gold of marketing, it is the star of online marketing, the final bus stop of online marketing. Mobile marketing is the center stage of all promotions, some call it “the attention seeker” or “messenger” because it delivers its goal and purpose.
Do you know that 85% of internet users own smartphones? This is more than half of the target audience waiting to be reached.
Are you all excited now? Better not be, because there are numbers of things that can make it a success or failure.
What Is Mobile Marketing Strategy?
The mobile marketing strategy is using multi-channel links through digital marketing to reach a target audience on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets through emails, websites, SMS, social media, MMS, and apps.
Smartphones are increasing customer engagements with brands and products, it is giving both producers, marketers, retailers, and consumers a direct access in terms of communication, promotions, and sales. The desktop was previously a direct access to online marketing, but right now, the surge in mobile usage has since pushed that away. It is much easier to access your social media accounts, visiting websites, and opening your email with a mobile phone.
See it this way,
There are millions of people using smartphones,
All connected to the internet,
60% of them surfing the internet at least 3 times an hour,
What is posted in Russia gets seen by someone in South Africa within minutes.
[fancy_box id=3 align=”center”]Mobile marketing is the new intercontinental missile of the digital world, and can only be compared to the speed sound, ironically.[/fancy_box]
But to create an effective mobile marketing strategy, you have to understand customers behavior and your mobile audience. You have to create or designing your content to appease the mobile platforms, to organize and execute effectively using apps and SMS/MMS.
Objectives Of Mobile Marketing Strategy
Setting objectives are like setting goals, what do you want to achieve? Once the goals/objectives are set, then the means follows, how? when? and where?.
Mobile advertising should not sound different from every other marketing strategies, but the goal and objectives are more targeted especially where mobiles are more present and in use. To start a mobile marketing, follow this trail of other mobile advertisers is using.
Mobile Brand Awareness:
Creating and maintaining good brand awareness is very important, it helps to maintain the success of any business through consistency. When creating a brand awareness, it should have a memorable brand message, let the audience remember the brand and associate the brand with different functionalities.
When setting out with brand awareness through mobile marketing, ensure that your advertising message complies with your audience psychological, geographical and demographical information. Align your target market with the message you want to deliver especially when it comes to brand awareness, content is vital and should be seen as a means of unifying and growing a positive awareness of the brand.
Be informative about it by creating informative ads, make the content useful not to appear to be selling.
Mobile Website Traffic:
One of the main objectives of mobile marketing is to generate mobile website traffic, and increase conversion. Mobile website traffic can be measured in different ways:
- Tracking metric through total visit
- Traffic source through segments eg
Direct traffic (URL)
- Having to get up to 15% returning traffic is basically huge and successful mobile advertising.
Mobile Lead Generation:
Mobile lead generation can be challenging, its like walking into a lion’s den and hope to come out with a lion cub, if you succeed, you will grow yourself a huge lion. To get the mobile lead generation right will increase sales, getting it wrong will destroy the mobile advertising efforts. There are few methods to generate leads,
- Online registration form
- Request for information
- Sign up for newsletter
- Pay per click (PPC) ads
- Organic SEO
- Local SEO
[thrive_link color=’green’ link=’https://gradecmedia.com/mobile-marketing-strategy-mobile-marketing/’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=”]Read More[/thrive_link]
Email Marketing Strategy
What Is Email Marketing?
What is email marketing? Email marketing is using emails to build a relationship with clients. As part of the internet marketing, email marketing is generated through websites, social media, blogs, and face to face promotions. These form of marketing is designed to keep customers informed and update of products and services.
Email marketing has been a top aspect of what we do online to make internet marketing work seamlessly for years, and businesses are utilizing it to promote their brand, cultivate and grow far-reaching relationships. One common use of email marketing is delivery of goods and services, which entails the use of email to promote a product or service, then deliver the purchased service via email.
Marketers use regular emails to send ads, solicit donations or sales, and make requests for business. Generally, email marketing helps to promote trust, brand awareness, and loyalty.
Here’s Why Your Business Needs Email Marketing?
As common as this type of online marketing is, many business owners do not really realize how much they need email marketing for their business. And you only have to look at how beneficial email marketing can be to your business growth for you to consider jumping in on the [content_upgrade id=755]Email list building[/content_upgrade] so you can start promoting your business products via email marketing.
Here are some of the advantages of email marketing;
Benefits of Email Marketing
What are the Advantages of Email Marketing?
- Cultivate Lasting Business Relationship Using Email Newsletter
I love to think that every post I write is open to massive possibilities for my readers to learn and implement the knowledge they get from my post.
However, learning takes months or years to master a skill, which means just one blog post isn’t enough to make you as an expert.
- Email marketing allows us to further inform our fans, through an indoctrination, fans are transformed into knowledgeable fans who turn into leads and buyers or customers.
- Easy to design, with this you have the option of sending plain text, graphics, and attachments.
- Scalable, easy you reach wider or smaller audience list.
- Easy to share, your recipients can forward the message or share by words of mouth.
- Easy to convert, recipients who are interested will click on the links and call to action.
- It is less intrusive, recipients can choose to read or to ignore or delete the message.
- Minimum cost, the cost of email marketing is lesser than other type or form of marketing.
- Time effective, it saves time because it can be automated in response to customers interact with your website eg new sign-ups or abandoned the shopping cart.
- Eco-friendly, there is no printing, flyers, and vehicles driving with email marketing everything is done online.
Problems of Email Marketing
What are the disadvantages of email marketing?
- Involves spammers
- Wrong emails
- Blocked emails
- Design problems
- Size problem
- Limited resources and skills
How Do We Do It?
We are very deliberate with our email marketing strategy because we know our ideal customers are also avid users of social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram, we make sure that all our email marketing efforts are integrated easily with social media marketing.
Many marketers use social platforms like Facebook to integrate their email marketing campaigns. This is simply because building an email list using social platforms is easy and mostly offers exponential benefits like targeting tools, on-demand razor targeted traffic, FREE viral traffic all this at the flick of a button.
And if you are wondering why Youtube and Social Media are our best tools for driving traffic to email list building, here’s why:
- It is easy to manage. Out of many internet marketing options, email marketing has proven to be a Do-It-Yourself strategy. It is not a must to hire an expensive copywriter or design company to handle your campaign.
- Easy penetration into the market. Over 90% of online shoppers use emails, and most of them check their inboxes every day. That is why it is easy to get to the target audience.
- A sure customer reach. There is no doubt that e-marketing reaches out to many clients more than other forms of marketing. With e-marketing, the actual market must reach its intended destination.
- Long lifespan. Another reason for using e-mail marketing is that it tends to have a long lifespan. With the social marketing, the posts and tweets can only be considered active in less than 2 hours. Conversely, emails sent will always remain in the customer inbox.
Other than that, e-marketing delivers a higher Return On Investment compared to other forms of marketing, especially because the initial cost tends to be lower.
[thrive_link color=’green’ link=’https://gradecmedia.com/what-is-email-marketing-and-how-does-it-work/’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]Read More[/thrive_link]